Thursday, November 2, 2017

Project 4:Statement & Process






I would like to show the depths of anxiety. The unnerving sensations and an all-at-once type of feel that comes with that disorder. Anxiety is a terrible burden and mental illness is generally misunderstood and poorly received. I'd like to break through that barrier with an image that can give a sensation that is relatable.


Filter that created an edgy effect for the depressive side possibly of mental illness in general or darker side of anxiety, A depressed 'broken' feeling caused by the disorder.  I want to explore color for the individual shots. The concept I am also exploring is perhaps moving toward a hand illustrated appearance or actually some hand illustration scanned in.
Using the filter: Accented Edges
Edge Width 2
EB: 7
Smoothing: 2
This is my current progress I plan to work more on it from home, I may go with more of a general mental illness or a ‘void sensation’ showing loneliness, depression, isolation etc

 Found an icy background and stamped in the ground


 Copied and flipped the far left side
 Had a gap so I placed a tree in from the other side, trimmed it, edged it, 
tried to create some uniqueness to it
Found a gap and filled it with another tree

Added a blue hue through colorize-> hue/saturation and levels, 
adjusted foreground character to match.

I moved the figure to the left 1/3 of the image and found a set of icicles I liked to work with.
I think I might try to build a pattern/brush from them. I edited them to remove the blue wall which matched my current background conveniently, since some of that color will bleed through the ice. I also restored tips to some of the larger icicles that had lost them.


Started by removing skin imperfections before filter, because this was an issue that had to be dealt with after in previous image. Next reconstructing hand restoring missing top of head.

Remove background and select a couple of images to build my green landscape from.

I used a minimum of 4-5 green scenes to build a background and tinted the figure. The scenes included roads, trees to the left and right and a general background area. I also ghosted the area where the paths led off to. The figure I toned green also.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 5 - Process

I struggled with the start of this project. I decided to work on a self portrait. In the past years I've had to redetermine, 'who am...