Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Artist statement and goals.


My goal is to build an image that conveys the passage from my father to me. The passage of time. I will utilize items such as his watch that still keeps time faithfully without him there to see it, his tools and items he wanted me to have, and possibly an oil lamp that he got from an elderly neighbor when he was a young man because he checked on her. He wanted me to have this oil lamp, perhaps because of the cycle of me following with care for him. It originally was the lady's wedding gift at 18 from her father, and is over 120 years old. I want the images to tell a story of passages without words.
I'm going to apply the idea of fading memories through deteriorating, burning appearance to the images.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 5 - Process

I struggled with the start of this project. I decided to work on a self portrait. In the past years I've had to redetermine, 'who am...